Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Moment of Silliness (or: Why Life is Like a Mop)

I shouldn't be blogging. At all. I'm currently pulling an all-nighter, cramming for a giant, scary exam that's only about 12 hours away. And trust me, 12 straight hours of intensive study is still cutting it waaaaaaaay too close for this behemoth. *shudder*

But in true me fashion, I couldn't help but take a little breather for a few moments, trying to escape the doldrums of 100s of pages of textbook blah and nearly illegible notes. I swear, all of the words are starting to blend into one giant, undulating spiral of sleep-inducing gibberish. Believe it or not, renal papillae just aren't engrossing enough to hold my undivided attention for hours on end.

So, I decided to surface for a few moments to randomly share a couple of ridiculous YouTube clips from one of my favorite movies: “UHF”. There’s really no reason behind me sharing these, other than the hope that they will provide a momentary escape from the business and stress of life and allow you to relax and laugh at something silly for a few moments. I don’t know about you – but for me, pausing for silliness is a daily necessity, and is better than psychiatry or pharmaceuticals. So I implore you: grab a tasty beverage, put your feet up for a bit, and enjoy the silliness!











And my personal favorite:

4 comments:

  1. hahaha That was a much needed laughing break. I hope you do good on your test. Tests basically suck. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, my brothers and I used to watch that movie a lot, it never got old. Thanks for the clips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!... That was a much needed laughing break. I hope you do good on your test. Tests basically suck. Keep up the good work!

    ___________________
    Vince
    Professional Monitering security systems for Homes, Offices & Appartments

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cristina!!! I am glad you are still keeping up with me on my blog..are you on Facebook? I need to find you over there because I need to keep up on you and you are not posting enough here!! Thanks for always being so nice and complimenting to me! You are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete